Tuesday, June 29, 2010

THE LITTLE PRINCE ON GOOGLE'S HEADER



Who among you have read the most famous novella of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince? On that book I got my favorite saying “It’s only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eyes”, it’s the lines uttered by the fox to the little prince which means that we only really see with the heart...the most important things can't be seen with the eyes.

Have you noticed the Google’s header today? Isn’t it the Little Prince? Upon seeing it, I was reminded how I loved this book and I even remember how I had this book. Well, it was early morning of midyear 1998; I was waiting for my mom on the stairs of Metropolis Mall in Alabang when suddenly a man on his twenties came near to me telling that he saw me from afar and that I was alone since I came and he thought that maybe I was waiting for someone and feeling bored already coz I’ve been there for couple of hours same as he was…and maybe we needed both company. At first I was really afraid…it was the first time meeting a stranger early morning and there was only few people on that place and if he did something wrong on me I don’t know if those people would care to help me. But then he said “don’t be afraid I’m not a bad guy though I’ve been before”. He told me that he’s a member of a band and he’s an addict but after reading “The Little Prince” everything has changed. He was there waiting for the dawn coz he run away from their home. He came from a well off family but his parents believed that he’s always been the black sheep so he decided to leave their house and don’t know where to go. He gave me his book that night and he even signed his name at the back of the front cover…I forgot his whole name but it sounds like Zedric Von ______ Aguillon. He said that night that he doesn’t know if on the next day he is still alive and so he told me to take good care of the book even if it’s almost worn out and try to read and understand every little things that is written there coz it has so many lessons. And he said when he’s down he only reads that book and everything will be okay. Then my mom came and we said goodbye. It was nice meeting a stranger for the first and last time.

I suggest to all people who may read this blog and haven’t read the book “The Little Prince” …please read it and for sure you’ll love it as much as I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails