Came across with ASMSI President's post on his blog about ASMSI Fun Run for a Cause on August 14, 2011 and as a member of the most active ASMSI International Chapter (ASMSI – UAE) who aim to support the financial needs of our Alma Mater to further the interest of our late Founder, Fr. Al, I'd like to share our upcoming activity as well. Though it will not be a part of our income generating activity, I am happy to share how we simply keep the spirit of The Sisters of Mary School alive.
Details of the Event: ASMSI-UAE Summer-lympics @AUH
Date: April 08, 2011
Time: 6am - 6pm
- 6:00 - 6:45AM Spinneys Karama - Assembly time for Dubai and Northern Emirates Attendees
Fees: There will be no contributions except for the transportation expenses
- 30Aed/person (boat) + 35Aed (max) car rental fee if from Dubai/Northern Emirates
- 30Aed/person (boat) + taxi rent / bus fare (Abu Dhabi members)
Teams will be divided into odd-even scheme. Batches that belong to 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, and so on will be the ODD TEAM. Batches that belong to 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, and so on will be on the EVEN TEAM. There should be team leader in each team. TEAM LEADER will designate its members who will play the specified games.
Games includes the following:
- Halaan Hunting
- Feet Ball Relay
- Beach Volleyball
- Balloon Mouth
- Egg Throwing
- Keep Your Bottle
- Badminton (Doubles)
- Tug of War
- Treasure Hunting
- Both teams should prepare their players ahead of time, since Lead Time to set-up each game is only 3 minutes upon announcement of Game Master
- Default policy will apply STRICTLY
- Visitors can join games, provided they are first degree relative of the Alumni, so as Boyfriend / Girlfriend.
- Friends are allowed to join the gathering but only as Expectators/Audience.
- Team, via the assigned team captain, at any point in time can CONCEDE.
Dubai and Northern Emirates Attendees are also welcome to bring some foods and take note everyone is required to bring atleast 4 liters of water.