Monday, October 20, 2008

ORIGIN OF MY NAME

Usually in friendster bulletin, there are questions like what is origin of your name? or what is the meaning of your name?. My answer would always be i don't know coz I have never asked my Mom why i was named Sheryl. When i was young i thought that maybe my Mom got my name from Sheryl Cruz, a filipina actress who is very famous during those days.

Even when i was in college some classmates have asked me what's the story of my name. My answer was the same i don't know. Few of them shared that their names was a combination of parents name, great grand parents, celebrities etc etc. Huh! Wish my name had its own story.


Them I was already here in Dubai when I tried to search my name in the internet but have only found shery, cheryl and other name close to it. It was through Roma's blog that i have finally found the origin of my name.

SHERYL
Pronunciation: (SHEH rill)
Origin: French, England
Meanings: Darling or Dear One, English Meaning: Charity
Other Info: Best used in English speaking countries like Canada, America, and England

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails