Waaaa...I'm already late for this post...blame it for not having an internet connection at home since yesterday morning and can't do it at work also coz it was holiday here since Thursday.
Anyway, thanks for the reminder of our hostess Beverly. So here's my share for yesterdays Pink Saturday Meme.
We have attended a birthday party of our friend here in Dubai and i saw her niece for the first time. She is a very pretty little girl who at first was a bit shy but later she came and joined us.
My friend and the little cute girl
Here's another photo with her with all my friends...hey i'm also wearing pink.
And since our theme for yesterday was a Holiday Recipe let me share you what Filipino's usually have during this festivities esp during Christmas Eve....a Filipino Pork Barbeque Recipe.
Pork Barbeque Recipe
Estimated preparation: 20 minutes
Marinating: 30 minutes to 3 hours
Barbecue: 10 to 15 minutes each
Pork Barbeque Ingredients:
1 kg. pork
20 bamboo skewers
1 cup soy sauce
1 head garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup of calamansi juice or lemon juice
1/2 cup of 7up, sprite or beer (optional)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
1/2 cup of banana or tomato catsup
Barbeque Cooking Instructions:
- Cut pork meat into thin and long slices - 1/4 inches thick and less than 2 inches wide.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the cut pork with the soy sauce, minced garlic, chopped onions, calamansi juice, ground pepper, sugar, banana catsup and the soda or beer (this tenderizes and adds flavour to the pork barbeque)
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (turning occasionally).
- Prepare the bamboo skewers by removing splinters and soaking in water to reduce burning during barbeque.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Over live charcoals, barbeque the pork on skewers until each barbeque is cooked - turning every few minutes on each side and basting the leftover marinate on the barbeque.
My share for